Center for Institutional Studies (CInSt): Banking
The Higher School of Economics Center for Institutional Studies (CInSt) in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Banking.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Maria Semenova, Senior Research Fellow and Associate Professor at the CInSt, HSE (email@example.com)
- participants are encouraged to pursue the research in 3 broad areas:
o Banking in Russia;
o The influence of institutional diversity and institutional change on banks’ stability, profitability and other outcomes: cross-country analysis;
o Households’ financial strategies in emerging economies;
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the CInSt
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the CInSt development
- public presentations of a candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The CInSt offers the access to its databases covering Russian banks’ financial statements (Mobile database) as well as Russian household longitudinal surveys (e.g. RLMS-HSE).
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as Economics, Banking and/or Finance by Fall, 2017;
- PhD thesis topic (and/or research interests) close to the fields mentioned above, strong empirical skills and interest in applied empirical research;
- ability to work in a team;
- fluent English;
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via online application form by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring center may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our web pages: Higher School of Economics, Center for Institutional Studies or contact Maria Semenova directly.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!