Center for Institutional Studies (CInSt): Higher Education Studies
The Higher School of Economics Center for Institutional Studies (CInSt) in Moscow Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of higher education studies.
Center for Institutional Studies (CInSt) is the HSE research institute, providing expertise and analysis in the field of educational policy based on international academic standards. Studies of various aspects of academic profession are among the priority areas of the research in the Center.
General job requirements:
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on CInSt’s research projects in any of the five broad areas:
o Faculty salaries, contracts and career concerns;
o Academic inbreeding and mobility;
o Faculty productivity, teaching and research in Russian universities;
o University rankings;
o University governance.
- public presentations of a candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Center offers access to its databases, including statistical data on Russian universities and survey data on academic markets (e.g. Changing Academic Profession data) and to various analytical tools and software.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: Education/Sociology/Economics,
- a strong theoretical and empirical background economics, sociology or education,
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English,
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via online application form by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring centre may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our web pages: Higher School of Economics, or contact Ilya Prakhov (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.