Center for Institutional Studies (CInSt): Scientometrics and Research Policy
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Center for Institutional Studies (CInSt) in Moscow Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of scientometrics and research policy.
Center for Institutional Studies (CInSt) is the HSE research institute, providing expertise and analysis in the field of educational policy based on international academic standards. Scientometrics and research policy studies of various aspects of academic profession are among the priority areas of the research in the Center.
General job requirements:
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on CInSt’s research projects in any of the four broad areas:
o Scientometrics, including Bibliometrics and Altmetrics
o Research evaluation
o Performance-based research funding systems and their impact on scholarly communication
o Mobility of researchers
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Center
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Center’s development
- public presentations of a candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Center offers access to Web of Science, Scopus, InCites and SciVal Benchmarking databases and analytical tools and also has access to several datasets which contain various information on Russian and international R&D systems.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: scientometrics\bibliometrics, research evaluation, higher education and science policy studies, library and information science,
- a strong background in at least one of the aforementioned fields,
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English,
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via the online application form by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring centre may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our web pages: Higher School of Economics, or contact Ilya Prakhov (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!