Condensed-Matter Physics Laboratory
The Condensed-Matter Physics Laboratory at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of condensed-matter physics.
The job involves:
- joining one of the research groups in the laboratory
- the researcher is encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on a research project of the Laboratory in the following areas:
o condensed-matter theory
o experimental low-temperature physics and nanophysics
o hydrodynamics and theory of turbulence
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals
- participation in organization of the events and other contributions to the lab’s development
- public presentations of the candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- PhD degree (or equivalent, incl. Candidate of Sciences degree) in physics from a research university, normally within the last 5 years
- established research record in condensed-matter physics
- for experimentalists experience in the following areas is strongly desirable: ARPES, nanofabrication, low and ultra-low temperatures, graphene, topological insulators, RF-measurements
- ability to work in a team
- fluent English
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. HSE offers a competitive salary, a standard medical insurance plan, and a possibility to rent a room in an HSE guesthouse. The appointment is normally made for one year starting September 2017 with the possibility of extension.
A CV with a publication list and a research statement (indicate, which research direction you are interested to join) should be submitted via the online application form by March 15, 2017. The applicants should also arrange for two reference letters to be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2017. Please, note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities.
Condensed-Matter Physics Laboratory was established in 2016 and is conducting research in theoretical and experimental condensed-matter physics in close collaboration with researchers from such academic institutions as the Landau Institute for theoretical physics, Kapitza Institute for physical problems, Institute for solid-state physics, Institute of spectroscopy, Lebedev Physical Institute. For more information about our research activities and staff members, visit the web-site of the lab.