Laboratory of Theoretical Computer Science
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory of Theoretical Computer Science in Moscow Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Theoretical Computer Science.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Profs. Nikolay Vereshchagin and Vladimir Gurvich
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Laboratory of Theoretical Computer Science research projects in 5 broad areas:
o computational complexity
o algorithmic aspects of game theory
o algorithmic information theory
o communication complexity
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: Computer Science or Mathematics,
- a strong background in mathematics and computer science,
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English,
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
The HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our web pages: Higher School of Economics, Big Data and Information Retrieval School or contact Alexander Rubtsov directly.