Graduate School of Urbanism
The Higher School of Economics Graduate School of Urbanism in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of urban studies and planning.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Alexei Novikov, professor and dean of the Graduate School of Urbanism
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on HSE Graduate School of Urbanism research projects in four broad areas:
o smart urbanization and data-driven city
o lean planning and adaptive governance
o citizen engagement and advocacy planning
o urban cultural landscape
o urban infrastructure finance
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the school
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the School's development
- public presentations of a candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as urban studies and planning (degrees in other areas will also be considered),
- a strong background in one of the research areas listed above,
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English,
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via online application form by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring school may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our web pages: Higher School of Economics, Graduate School of Urbanism or contact Vera Leonova (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!