Institute of Demography
The Higher School of Economics Institute of Demography in Moscow Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of population studies and demographic analysis
The job involves:
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Institute of Demography and Demographic department research projects in broad areas:
o the demographic development of Russia in comparison with the other OECD countries
o migration studies
o influence of demographic changes on social economic development
- giving lectures and seminars for Master students devoted to demographic analysis, population studies, migration is encouraged
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Institute
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Institute’s development
- public presentations of a candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community.
The Lab offers access to its databases, library and analytical software.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: sociology, population studies, statistics, spatial sciences or geography, economics,
- a strong background in demographic analysis, migration and population studies, software R and/or Stata, SPSS,
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English,
- the willingness to learn Russian or some skills in Russian are strongly welcomed,
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring institute may not be reviewed.
About HSEHSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our web pages: Higher School of Economics, Institute of Demography or contact Associate professor Vladimir Kozlov at firstname.lastname@example.org directly.