Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge
The National Research University Higher School of Economics Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of science and technology studies and research in the field of economics of innovation.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. Leonid Gokhberg, First Vice-Rector National Research University Higher School of Economics, Director Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge (ISSEK)
- pursue their own research in parallel with working on ISSEK research projects in two broad areas:
1. Science and Technology Studies including science, technology and innovation policy, integrated methods and instruments for S&T research and S&T policy-making (including Foresight methodology, quantitative methods for S&T research and specific policy instruments), S&T and innovation policy monitoring and assessment (including global trends, prioritization and policy mix, evaluation of S&T and innovation policy)
2. Economics of Innovation including company Foresight, institutional analysis of national innovation systems (including innovative activity of enterprises and performance of R&D organizations, centers of excellence), intellectual services markets (including behavior of Innovation services’ consumers and suppliers), competences and skills for innovations, innovative behavior of the consumers (including new technologies’ public awareness)
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as innovation and knowledge economy related social sciences, sociology, media and communication, psychology, economics, marketing, political science, public policy and government
- a strong background in conceptual work and empirical work
- ability to work in a team
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.