Laboratory for Mathematical Methods in Natural Science
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Mathematical Methods in Natural Science in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of general mathematical physics as well as modeling of physical or bio-molecular systems.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Mikhail Karasev, professor, head of the laboratory
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Mathematical Methods in Natural Science research projects in two broad areas:
o mathematical physics
o mathematical modeling of natural science systems
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- public presentations of a candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Lab offers access to its publications, databases and analytical software.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: mathematics, applied mathematics, or physics,
- a strong background in mathematical physics,
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English,
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our web pages: Higher School of Economics, , Master's Programme 'Mathematical Methods of Modelling and Computer Technologies' or contact Olga Valba directly.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!