The Neuroeconomics Group
The features & the advantages of the job:
- The postholder will work under the supervision of Prof. Vasily Klucharev.
- The postholder will have an advantage of being able to pursue his or her own research in parallel with working on the Group's research projects, e.g.:
- Neuroeconomics and social influence, including neuroscience of persuasion, cognitive dissonance, etc.
- Neurobiology of cognitive dissonance, trust and risk-taking, temporal discounting, etc.
The Centre particularly encourage publishing results in international peer-reviewed journals, as well as teaching and other forms of scientific contribution to the Group and the Centre’s development. At the end of the contract there is a possibility to apply for a tenure-track position at HSE.
- Huber R., Klucharev V., Joerg R. Neural correlates of informational cascades: brain mechanisms of social influence on belief updating // Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience. 2014
- Klucharev V., Munneke M., Smidts A., Fernandez G. Downregulation of the posterior medial frontal cortex prevents social conformity // Journal of Neuroscience. 2011. Vol. 31. No. 33. P. 11934-11940.
- Klucharev V., Hytonen K., Rijpkema M., Smidts A., Fernandez G. Reinforcement learning signal predicts social conformity // Neuron. 2009. Vol. 61. No. 1. P. 140-151.
- PhD from an international research university in such fields as: neuroscience, psychology, economics or applied mathematics
- background in TMS and/or fMRI and/or MEG/and/or multi-channel EEG/MEG/ recordings and data analysis
- ability to work in a team
- fluent English
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via online application form by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Group may not be reviewed.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!