The Neuroimaging Methods Group
Higher School of Economics (HSE, Moscow) is pleased to announce a new post-doctoral position in The Neuroimaging Methods Group. The focus for this post is on real-time EEG acquisition, analysis and development of novel techniques for neurofeedback and brain-computer interface applications aiming to minimize the feedback signal presentation delay and to improve the performance of non-invasive interfaces by developing advanced signal processing and machine learning algorithms. We expect the familiarity with EEG recording process and sound technical skills along with the interest and ability to conduct his or her own experiments and maintain the hardware. There is also an opportunity to work with invasively recorded multichannel ECoG data and to develop techniques for recovery of the fine grain movement parameters from this data.
The laboratory is a structural part of the HSE’s Centre for Cognition & Decision Making with collaboration opportunities within Russia and internationally. Research facilities include multi-channel EEG, navigated TMS-EEG, behavioral and eye-tracking equipment, as well as local access to MEG, fMRI. The Neuroimaging Group operates in close collaboration with Moscow MEG Centre, Skolkovo Institute of Technology, Yandex company, University of Southern California Medical School and Electrical Engineering department, Aalto University, Finland.
- Access to multimodal neuroimaging facilities (brain-navigated TMS, multi-channel EEG, eye-tracking)
- Internationally competitive salary
- Low teaching load, minimal administrative service required
- Strong emphasis on high quality research
- Eligible candidates should hold a PhD degree in Electrical engineering, Comuter Science, Neuroscience or Physics.
- Previous experience with analysis of non-invasive EEG and MEG neuroimaging data
- Experience of hardware maintenance and design is a big plus
- Familiarity with basic signal processing methods and appreciation of real-time processing constraints
- Demonstrated familiarity with software development in at least of the following environments: Matlab, Python, R, C/C++
- Knowledge of the modern software packages implementing the deep leaning methodologyS is a plus
- Fluent English (knowledge of Russian is not required)
- Demonstrated ability and high motivation to conduct high-quality research publishable in international peer-reviewed journals
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via online application form by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic and fast-growing research-intensive university providing unique research opportunities (Higher School of Economics, School of Psychology).
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!