The Poletayev Institute for Theoretical and Historical Studies in the Humanities
The Higher School of Economics Poletayev Institute for Theoretical and Historical Studies in the Humanities in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of theory and history of the humanities and social sciences.
The job involves:
- Working under the direct supervision of Irina M. Savelieva.
- Participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Poletayev Institute for Theoretical and Historical Studies in the Humanities research projects in three broad areas:
o history of the humanities and social sciences;
o modern intellectual history;
o social and cultural theory.
- Writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Institute.
- Participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Institute’s development.
- Public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community.
- Teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Institute offers access to its databases and analytical software, research office and university library.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as history, social sciences, philosophy;
- a strong background in history of the humanities and social sciences, philosophy of science, intellectual history, and social and cultural theory;
- ability to work in a team;
- fluent English;
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via online application form by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Institute may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our university web site or contact Alexey Pleshkov directly.