Center for Market Studies and Spatial Economics (CMSSE) (St. Petersburg)
The Higher School of Economics Center for Market Studies and Spatial Economics (CMSSE) in St. Petersburg, Russia invites applicants for postdoctoral research positions in the fields of International Trade and Spatial Economics. Candidates are expected to carry out advanced empirical or theoretical research in these fields.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of the Center’s Academic Advisor Kristian Behrens
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on the CMSSE research projects in 3 broad areas:
o International Trade
o Economic Geography
o Urban Economics
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Center
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Center’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the colleagues in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The Center offers access to HSE databases as well as the following software: Stata, Mathematica, MatLab, Maple, Gauss, ArcGIS.
- a PhD in Economics from an international research university;
- a strong background in International Trade, Economic Geography, and/or Urban Economics;
- motivation to publish in top-ranked journals;
- ability to work in a team;
- fluent English;
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via online application form by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Center may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our web pages: Higher School of Economics,Center for Market Studies and Spatial Economics, or contact Sergey Kichko (email@example.com) directly.