Laboratory for Corpus and Interdisciplinary Technologies
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Corpus and Interdisciplinary Technologies in Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of general linguistics and all subfields, notably in Slavic languages, computer linguistics, sociolinguistics, typology, computer lexicography, language acquisition, language teaching.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Ekaterina Rakhilina
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on Laboratory for Corpus and Interdisciplinary Technologies research projects in the following broad areas:
o computer corpora, dictionaries, language teaching tools and other electronic linguistic resources
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
- some teaching.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: any area of linguistics; Slavic languages; computer science,
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English,
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our web pages: Higher School of Economics, School of Linguistics or contact Ekaterina Rakhilina at email@example.com directly.